Transportation in Istanbul
In Istanbul, there are several public transportation options. Besides buses and minibuses, there are also vessels, metro, metrobus, funicular as frequently used intracity public transportation systems.
There are some useful links for public transportation;
Besides these, you can always use taxi. Taxi’s prices change according to distance. You can check the approximate taxi price from the link below ;
Istanbulkart for Students
If you are a student you can get Istanbulkart for transportation in Istanbul.
You can use Istanbulkart in subways, buses, metrobuses, ferries and Marmaray trains for 40 TL(monthly).
Online Application ;
- Fill the application form online (add your personal information and picture)
- Card fee : 10 TL (only credit card)
- Application follow up (you can check your application and update your information)
- Delivery (Istanbulkart is delivered to your address by PTT, in order to track your cargo, visit PTT’s query page ‘ http://gonderitakip.ptt.gov.tr ‘ ).
Personal Application ;
You need to go to Istanbulkart Application Center with ;
- One of your picture(taken in the last 6 months)
- Student certificate
- Card fee : 10 TL (credit card or cash)